SamaraCare is Committed to the Well-Being of our Clients, Staff, Students & Volunteers During the COVID-19 Public Health Crisis
March 16, 2020, Naperville, IL: SamaraCare is aware of the concerns related to COVID-19 and is taking steps to help reduce the potential spread of the virus among staff, clients, students, and volunteers. SamaraCare has been following very closely the guidelines and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), The World Health Organization (WHO), state and local government, local health organizations, and our national association, the Solihten Institute, to this serious public health crisis.
SamaraCare will remain open to serve our clients. It is times of crisis like this that many of our clients need us the most in order to not feel isolated as they face various mental health concerns. SamaraCare will adopt the recommendations of the CDC, and local and state government as required. We would like to share the steps we have already taken to maintain and protect the overall health and safety of our clients, staff, students and volunteers.
We have taken the following actions:
- On a regular basis we are using disinfectant wipes to disinfect high touch areas
- We have provided disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer to our staff for use in common areas of our offices
- We have provided hand sanitizer in our lobby for client use
- We are encouraging all staff, students, and volunteers to:
- Practice Good Hygiene
- Stop handshaking – use other noncontact methods of greeting
- Clean hands at the door and at regular intervals
- Create habits and reminders to avoid touching their faces and cover coughs and sneezes
- Disinfect surfaces like doorknobs, tables, desks, and handrails regularly
- Stay Home if
- They are feeling sick
- They have a sick family member in their home
- Be Careful with Meetings
- Consider adjusting or postponing large meetings or gatherings
- Keep 3 – 6 six feet distance from persons they are interacting with
- Practice Good Hygiene
- We encourage our clients to:
- Stay home if they are not feeling well and call your therapist to reschedule the appointment or find an alternate way of meeting
- SamaraCare is offering telehealth services for our existing clients as an option. Please discuss this with your therapist
Please be mindful of the importance of social distancing, and the various recommendations to initiate healthy habits during this public health crisis. We also remind you to avoid emotional isolation. Find safe ways to find emotional support and connection during this public health crisis. Together we are stronger and will overcome the stress of this time. SamaraCare……Choose Stronger!
Rev. Dr. Scott Mitchell
President & CEO
Comments are closed.