At any given time, 1 in 17 adults and 1 in 6 youth are considering suicide. Most persons with thoughts of suicide go unrecognized—even though most all are, directly or indirectly, requesting help. Learn how to TALK:
Suicide TALK – Tell Ask Listen Keep Safe
- Tell people you trust your thoughts feelings and struggles including thoughts about self harm or suicide.
- Ask a person showing possible signs of suicide or dealing with difficult life events if they are having thoughts of suicide.
- Listen to a person thinking of suicide to understand how the person began to see suicide as a solution to their problems.
- Keep Safe from suicidal behavior by removing the means by which a person might attempt suicide.
- 630-482-9696 Suicide Prevention Services
- 1-800-273-TALK National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- 1-800-784-2433 National Crisis Helpline
- 1-866-488-7386 Suicide prevention hotline for GLBTQ youth
There Is No Health Without Mental Health – SamaraCare wants the importance of mental health, access to mental health and the pursuit of mental health to be pervasive. Let’s talk about mental health openly and honestly, and put the stigma far behind us.