Confidentiality of Donor-Related Information
All Donor-Related Information obtained by SamaraCare is managed by Development staff on a confidential basis except as otherwise stated in this Policy. All Development staff are expected to demonstrate professionalism, good judgment and care to avoid unauthorized or inadvertent disclosures of donor-related information. Development staff may share with donors, fund beneficiaries, and grantees information pertaining to their own gifts, funds and grants.
Types of Donor-Related Information Collected
SamaraCare collects and maintains the following types of Donor-Related Information when it is voluntarily provided:
- Contact information: full name, organization/company affiliation, title, mailing address, phone number(s), fax number(s), email address(es), date of birth, and names of family members.
- Donation information: amount(s) donated, date of donation(s), type and method of donation(s), transaction reference numbers.
- Payment information, including credit card or debit card number, expiration date, security code, billing address and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- Donor requests, comments, or suggestions.
How We Use Your Information
Donor-Related Information is used to:
- maintain records of donations
- respond to donor inquiries
- comply with the law , any legal process, and/or IRS requirements
- analyze giving patterns for accurate budget projections
- develop strategies and present gift proposals
- issue donation acknowledgements
- understand donors’ interests in our organization/mission
- update donors on the organization’s plans and activities
- organize and promote fundraising events
- inform donors of relevant programs and services through newsletters, notices and direct mail pieces
- analyze our website
Sharing of Donor-Related Information
SamaraCare does not disclose Donor-Related Information to any third parties, and we do not sell, rent, trade or share Donor-Related Information with other organizations. The identity of all who connect with us through our website, postal mail and email is kept confidential. The use of Donor-Related Information is limited to internal purposes, by authorized individuals, and used solely to advance resource development efforts that require the use of Donor-Related Information.
SamaraCare is committed to ensuring the security of Donor-Related Information. Although we have implemented reasonable and appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of Donor-Related Information, our security measures may not prevent all losses and we cannot ensure that Donor-Related Information will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this Policy. In the event of security failures or unauthorized disclosures, SamaraCare will follow all applicable federal and state notification requirements to make you aware of any breaches. SamaraCare is not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to security failures/breaches
Donor Bill of Rights
SamaraCare subscribes to the Donor Bill of Rights, which was created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the Association of Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP) , the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits.
Unsubscribing From Our Mailing List
Donors and prospective donors may ask to be removed from our email, mailing, or phone lists at any time. If you wish to unsubscribe from any further electronic communications from us, please click on “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the electronic communication you received. You can also unsubscribe or modify information that is inaccurate or has changed by emailing or calling the Development Department. Request should be directed to William Peterson, Director of Development at 630-357-2456 or via email at [email protected].